In an international Survey conducted by a reputed website, a majority of Men and Women found the Eyes to be the most attractive feature in a person. The survey result showed that most men were immediately attracted to a woman based on their Eyes. They attributed a wide range of qualities ranging from kindness, warmth, honesty to sensuality by just looking at the eyes. Also, many women said they judged how reliable, honest and confident a man was by just a look at their eyes.
Many Face Reading Experts too place a lot of emphasis on this important element to determine a Person’s personality. According to the century old Chinese Face reading techniques, the experts believe that ‘Eyes are the Window to the Soul’ and predict many characteristics of a person based on how their Eyes are.
- People with big eyes are perceived to be broad minded, extremely creative, restless and adventurous while small eyes are indicators of people who are very methodical, focused and firmly rooted to their beliefs.
- In Japanese culture, there is a special term ‘Sanpaku eyes’ allocated to people with ‘Floating irises’ (i.e. eye where the white portion is visible either above or below the irises). People having the white space below the iris are believed to fighting inner battles. They have a different outlook towards the world and are difficult to please. Princess Diana is a good example. People with a white space above the iris are known for their temper and are dangerous when tampered with.
- People with deepset eyes are intense, passionate and secretive while people with eyes slanting upwards are opportunists.
Apart from Science, your eye make-up plays a key role in how you look on important occasions. Many famous make-up artistes have realized the importance of the perfect Eye-do to add to the oomph factor. A few of them have moved a bold step forward and used the look to successfully up the glam quotient. Mrs. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan being the case in point. At the 69thCannes Film Festival, her turquoise eye shadow with no other loud makeup perfectly complimented her Ali Younes cape gown. Her bold look was applauded internationally for being a perfect blend of beauty, class and aesthetics. Many celebrities like Sonam Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Priyanka Chopra have successfully carried the look off as well, looking their stunning best.
We at #StyleShaala have loved the idea as well. We totally believe this innovation to be a win-win in any social gathering and the oh-so-cool party. It is especially a boon for someone who doesnt want to cover her face with excessive make up, yet look dolled up for the occasion. So, without wasting any precious time, we present to you the easiest way to spot the look in just 5 minutes.
PRODUCTS YOU NEED:
- Apply Vaseline and Primer
Apply a coat of Vaseline on the eyes. Then apply Primer. This will help the make-up last longer and even the skin out for smooth application.
- Apply the Eye shadow
Pick a shade of your choice. Preferably, use a thin brush to apply the shade comfortably.
Start applying the shade from the outer tip of your eye. Slowly move the strokes inwards upto the middle of the eyelid. Repeat the action to form a triangular shaped coat on your eye.
Use a earbud to lighten or remove the excess colour on unwanted areas.
- Apply Kajal
Decide how thick you want your kajal to be. Select your brand accordingly. Apply the kajal in one swift motion under the eye. Be careful to apply it on the lower eyelid and not below it. Use your finger for balance.
- Apply Eyeliner
Using your eyeliner , make a border first. Then, fill in the eyeliner. Apply the eyeliner in one direction only. Ensure that the coat of eyeliner is equal on both sides.
- Use a Mascara
Use a mascara for your eyelashes. Mascara will enhance the look of your eyes, giving it a complete look. Do not use excessive mascara while application. Just gently rub the brush upwards on your eyes.
- Use an Eye curler
Although it’s not necessary, we advise you to always use an eye curler. It settles the eyelashes neatly and gives a professional look to your make up.
- Choose the eyeshadow colour as per the occasion
Use black, grey or dark blue for a professional setting. Use a matching shade for parties and other occasions. Avoid using glitter when opting for a sophisticated and simple look.
- Use a Lipstick that compliments your look
Do not go for a bold or different colour unless the occasion demands it or you’re confident about carrying the look.
Watch our video to see how to do it right: