“Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart,” is a famous quote narrated by Winnie the Pooh. The adventures of Pooh and his friends have been a childhood favourite of many little kids through ages. Pooh bear’s obsession with his honey, Piglet’s innocence, Tigger’s jokes and Eeyore’s sarcasm were loved and appreciated by many. Together they were a team seeking a new adventure everyday. Their crazy encounters led to important morals that are taught in classrooms even today.
And while they enlightened us with their take on kindness, friendship and happiness among other things, we never truly understood Pooh bear’s love for his “hunny pot” that he couldn’t do without. What seemed like a demure adoration by Pooh at the face of it might indeed have served a higher purpose when looked upon closely.
The cuddly little Pooh Bear might have unknowingly been the first unofficial health and beauty expert whilst promoting that little jar of sweetness. Honey, in different combinations, is an effective remedy for many day-to-day problems. Let’s set out on our own little adventure of discovering the secrets of this magical pot:
- Remember the weekend you spent coughing instead of partying at the new lounge in town? Take the help of honey the next time
Take a glass of warm water. Squeeze half a lemon. Mix 1 spoon of honey. Gulp it down and see the immediate difference.
- Want your skin to look smooth and glowing naturally? Just grab your bottle of honey
Take 1 tablespoon of honey. Add 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder and mix well. Apply it on your face as a face scrub. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- The scorching summer and the ruthless winter have done the trick. Your scalp is damaged and you’re fed up with the dandruff problems
Don’t waste money on changing your shampoos and conditioners. Take some honey and massage it on your scalp. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Burns are scary. They hurt and often leave ugly marks. Use honey to get rid of them
Honey is an antioxidant. It helps in healing burns effectively. Honey can also be applied to heal wounds.
- It’s the Season Sale of the year. Your favourite yet expensive dress is on display at 50% off. You’re about to pick it up when you get a depressing thought. That dress won’t look good on you, especially with that tummy fat. Well, pick it up anyway.
Because in just a few weeks, you’re going to rock that dress and how! Take a glass of warm water. Squeeze a lemon and add 1 spoon of honey. Stir well and drink this on an empty stomach every morning. You will see the difference in a few weeks.
- Seasons change. Weathers transform. Creams come and go. But, your dry skin remains the same.
It’s hunny time. Honey acts as a wonderful moisturizer. Take 1 table spoon of honey. Add 1 spoon of almond oil. Also, add 1 spoon of rose oil. Stir the mixture and slowly rub it on your face, arms and legs. Let the mixture seep in. Do the activity a couple of times.
- Your head is blasting. The happy buzz from the night ago has turned into a nightmare. You curse yourself for having the last two glasses of wine. Your hangover is cruel but, your day doesn’t have to be
Make yourself a yummy hangover smoothie. Squeeze some orange juice in a blender. Add half a cup of yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of honey (You can add more of it as per the taste you prefer). Mix it well. Enjoy your smoothie while it helps you make your day better.
- Cholesterol Control
Take 1 teaspoon of honey. Squeeze half a lemon. Add 1 spoon of powdered cinnamon. Mix the ingredients in a glass of water. Consume the mixture daily for reducing your cholesterol level.
- The Warrior that fights Cancer
Including honey in your diet helps reduce the risk of Cancer. Honey has carcinogens that help build the body’s immunity against the harmful disease.
Indeed, the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts. And the smallest ingredient can offer the most magical solutions.
Watch our video to see how to do it right: