A mangalsutra is not just a piece of jewellery or accessory but holds a special position in every Indian woman’s life. Besides bangles, rings and anklets, Mangalsutra is the prominent jewellery according to the Hindu religion and culture.
The meaning behind the word ‘Mangalsutra’ is pious and sacred, which directly symbolizes the relationship of the newly wedded couple. Undoubtedly, the time is changing fleetly, so does the trends and designs in jewellery. Even the designers of Mangalsutra are evolving according to the time.
Whenever you plan to purchase the mangalsutra, you will surely get perplexed as there are countless designs and styles in it. However, you can go for the Maharashtrian mangalsutra designs as they are simple, classic and fashionable.
Thus, here is the accumulated list of the best Maharashtrian mangalsutra designs, which you should definitely consider while finalizing the same.
1. Threaded Mangalsutra DesignIf you are on the lookout for something simple, exquisite and unique, then threaded mangalsutra design will certainly the best choice from the list. There are thin golden colour beads combined with the black beads in a round shape. The amalgamation of golden and black beads is classic and enhance the beauty of the wearer.
2. Curvy Mangalsutra in Floral PatternThe curvy design in mangalsutra is extremely popular not just in the state of Maharashtra, but in other states as well. Moreover, the floral pattern design with studded diamonds is what makes it modish and in vogue among the Indian woman’s. Of course, these types of mangalsutra are a little expensive because of diamonds and gold chain, but it is worth the price.
3. Amalgamation of Pearl and Diamond in MangalsutraThe amalgamation of pearl and diamond is obviously attractive and fascinating for all the women. This Maharashtrian style in mangalsutra is again has a curvy pendant in diamond and below attached is the gorgeous single pearl. To give it a Marathi touch, there is a golden chain which has black beads at a fixed gap. The charming and graceful design of this mangalsutra should be your topmost priority.
4. Vati Maharashtrian MangalsutraAnother one in the list of the best Maharashtrian mangalsutra designs is Vati design. This one is the most predominant mangalsutra design, which has a chain of black beads and dual strings attached below. The dual strings or the Vati design is extremely elegant and classic and an emblem of love, happiness and lifetime of prosperity.
5. Peshwai Mangalsutra DesignIf you are looking out for the authentic and original Maharashtrian mangalsutra design, then Peshwai design is the appropriate choice for you! The chain is made with the tiny black beads and two pendants are attached in the chain to add the charm of this mangalsutra. In the villages of Maharashtra, this mangalsutra is extremely popular among the ladies.
6. Sunflower Mangalsutra DesignThe sunflower mangalsutra design is quite unique and innovative, isn’t it? There is a sunflower pendant, which has a golden design and studded with the back emeralds. The string or chain of the mangalsutra has the combination of golden and black beads as usual. However, the design is quite simple and effortlessly beautiful.
7. Heart Shaped Pendant in Maharashtrian MangalsutraThere is a woven chain design, which has golden and black colour caged beads. In the end, there is a heart-shaped pendant which adds the charm and beauty to your mangalsutra. This Maharashtrian style mangalsutra design is perfect for those who are looking for the traditional as well as modern touch.
8. Kolhapuri Mangalsutra DesignThis Maharashtrian mangalsutra is inspired by the Kolhapuri design, which has a heavy string of golden and black beads. The chain is made up of at least 5 to 6 strings and generally, it is twisted. There is a floral design pendant in this type of mangalsutra along with a diamond in a purple hue.
9. Peacock Design MangalsutraThis elegant and classic peacock design in Maharashtrian mangalsutra has emeralds tucked in it. The string of this mangalsutra is designed in a way, which has an integration of the golden and black beads at a certain gap. The peacock design pendant surely adds the glamour and charm to the whole look this lively mangalsutra.
10. Three String Maharashtrian MangalsutraOne of the most stylish and classy piece of jewellery, the three string mangalsutra is the perfect choice for you, especially if you love gold chains. Basically, the chain or the string is crafted with full expertise by forming the three different layers on one another to make it a single gold chain. To add the beauty to your whole appeal, you should definitely purchase this stunning piece.
Hence, there are several variations and modifications in the latest Maharashtrian Mangalsutra designs and styles. Of course, the craftsman has tried to maintain its classical look, but in the same manner, they have tried to give it a modern touch. From simple to intricate, you will get a broad array of designs and patterns in Maharashtrian mangalsutra.