You must never underestimate the power of the eyebrow – Jack Black
Eyebrows are the most prominent feature of your face. In fact, if I were to make a comparison, I’d conveniently say that they are a lot like the crease in your shirt. You barely notice while the shirt is perfectly ironed and tucked in but, the moment there is a small crease on that crisp shirt, that’s all everybody notices.
Sadly, that is the same with eyebrows. They can completely change the way you look. Especially for ladies with thick eyebrows, it could be quite a pain when the hair starts growing in a messy fashion. There is a bigger problem for people who have extremely thin or scanty eyebrows. They don’t suit the face either. And while it appears to be a petty matter to pay attention to, people can get really finicky or paranoid about eyebrows.
A study conducted by Massachusetts University stated that the eyebrows might be as important a feature as the eyes for people when they have to recognize faces. Scientists also claim that eyebrows can be considered as an important means of non-verbal communication. They help in expressing different emotions like anger, joy and surprise.
Not only studies, eyebrows are also an important point of assessment in the ancient art of Face reading.
- People with straight eyebrows are considered to be direct, analytical and straight forward in thinking and conveying.
- People with bushy eyebrows are perceived to be deep thinkers and highly intelligent.
- People with thin eyebrows are usually considered to be highly sensitive and conscious about how others see them.
- People with scattered eyebrows (un kept hair) are said to be restless and focusing on multiple things at the same time. They can also be indecisive at times.
- People with low eyebrows (when there is less distance between the eyebrows and the eyes) are impatient and may sometimes be hasty in decision making. However, they are positive thinkers and have a go-getter attitude in life.
Talk about being judgemental. Although there’s not much we can do with the natural shape of your eyebrows, we can certainly take a few precautionary steps to make them look perfect. Importantly, Since we know how important eyebrows are. So we at Mirraw have the perfect way to show you how to fill your eyebrows, making them look neat and well-kept. I mean, after all there’s more to it than meets the eye. Pun intended.
WHAT YOU NEED
An Eyebrow Pencil (Shade of your choice)
Step 1: Comb your eyebrows
Using the brush on one side of the pencil, comb your eyebrows. Ensure that you do it in one direction or it will get messy again. Brush it overall and not certain areas only.
Step 2: Filling the eyebrows
Use the other end of the brush to start filling in your eyebrows. Focus more on the areas that has less hair. Do apply it evenly though. Be careful to slowly make the filling thinner towards the edges, depending on the shape of your eyebrows.
IMPORTANT STYLESHAALA TIPS
- Do not play around with the natural shape of your eyebrow much
Eyebrow filling can be used as a method to enhance your eyebrows. However, they should not be used to completely try and change the shape of your eyebrows. Otherwise it will result in the eyebrows looking fake or weird, if not done right.
- Focus on the shade of the Eyebrow Pencil
Do not use a very dark or very light colour. Check your skin and face’s complexion before deciding the colour. Also, the colour of the hair in your eyebrows is also an important determinant of the shade of the eyebrow pencil.
Watch our Video to see how to do it right: